Saturday 29 September 2007

Work has it's funny moments

I work in a police control room as a radio operator. Anyway, despite being a fairly stressful environment there is the odd moment of levity.
I have recently been diagnosed with having a slipped disc and have been prescribed various medications, pain-killers, other stuff to reduce inflammation etc, and for whatever reason I am still struggling into work (for which the good lady gives me a lot of abuse)
Anyhow, I was at work the other day and on the phone to a particularly awkward MOP (member of the public) and after a fairly lengthy conversation I seemed to have resolved the matter he had called about pretty much to his satisfaction. As I ended the call the Inspector (my boss) shouts over saying, "Blimey, Steve, I don't think I've ever heard you so polite!"
I held a packet of pills up and called back "It's the new drugs, Guv, they're anti-inflammatory....."
He threw something at me......

1 comment:

Paul said...

It's the way you tell 'em...